Summary of Position
The Communications & Development Coordinator reports to the National Executive Director and has overall responsibility for Communications & Development, including ensuring a consistent image as it relates to DAWN-RAFH Canada’s projects and key activities. This will include overall responsibility for DAWN-RAFH’s accessible website, social media and networking tools with the goal of increasing the organization’s media presence and online visibility. The Coordinator will work closely with external consultants, Staff and the National Executive Director to complete these tasks.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Website content, updates;
- Membership & Board communications;
- Online presence through social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc.;
- Press conferences/media events;
- Communication(s) for various formats including press releases, blog posts, newsletters, brochures, media events (including accessible formats) and related Development/fundraising activities;
- Updating of media lists, maintaining connections with media contacts and coordinating media interviews;
- Set up and organize webinars to members, board and partners;
- Preparing and updating educational, outreach and promotional materials;
- Design, layout and printing of various DAWN-RAFH publications
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of social media tools and their applications
- Demonstrated organizational, writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, accommodate time sensitive deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrates creativity, autonomy, initiative and teamwork
- Is solution-oriented and adept at problem solving
- Bilingual (spoken and written, preferred) French and English
- Strong knowledge of the issues affecting women with disabilities and Deaf women in Canada and an understanding of how marginalized social statuses intersect with disability resulting in multiple barriers to inclusion in society.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing applications (ex. InDesign, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with website publishing applications (ex. WordPress)
- Writing and editing experience;
- Graphic design experience;
- Web Video Production
Full-time position at the head office located in Montreal. The salary is based on a work schedule of 35 hours per week with benefits. Given candidates of equivalent competency, priority will be given to candidates who identify as people with disabilities.
Salary: in accordance with the salary scale based on experience.
Start date: May 26, 2014
As an employer committed to diversity and employment equity – DAWN-RAFH Canada encourages members of these groups to apply: women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and people with disabilities.
Please send your resume to the attention of Aisha Ka at email@example.com no later than May 5, 2014.
DAWN-RAFH Canada would like to thank all candidates for their interest in our organization. However, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.