We Are Hiring: Director of Communications
Director of Communications
DAWN Canada’s mission is to end the poverty, isolation, discrimination and violence experienced by women with disabilities and Deaf women in Canada.
In this role, the Director will provide inspirational leadership. As a trusted advisor, the Director is relied upon to increase awareness and understanding of DAWN Canada, providing expert advice and recommendations on all aspects of communications, media relations and issues management.
A champion of both the big picture and the details, the Director leads strategic communications planning and a portfolio of communications. The Director works in a highly interactive team environment and develops collaborative relationships with a wide network of internal and external partners and contacts. The Director reports directly to the NED/CEO, joins the Management Team and leads the Communications group.
- Overall responsibility for internal and external communications, including social media and media relations.
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, press conferences and other events that raise our public profile, for both fundraising and informational purposes
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that aligns with the organization’s 10 year plan and our new branding/logo/mission
- Develop promotional and informational programs, materials and sessions
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of reports, presentations, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Website content and press releases
- Ongoing evaluation, development of the organization’s online presence.
- Lead in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other communications materials
- Providing strategic coordinated advice to the CEO/NED
- Timely response to written and verbal inquiries, including media and others
- Coaching, mentoring, supporting and guiding the communications group and other team members as it relates to internal and external communications and communications platforms, including responsibility for our CMDB (contact management data base) and it’s effective implementation.
Education: A degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years of recent, related experience in a senior management role is required, including:
- Leading communications, public relations and media relations programs and initiatives;
- Providing expertise in communications/public relations and issues management
- Fluency in both official languages (English/French) is preferred. ASL/LSQ also an asset.
- Highly ethical and highly organized
- Effective communicator
- Team player
55 000$ to 75 000$
How to Apply
Please submit your C.V. with a cover letter and references to Rainbow Charbonneau, Human Resource Coordinator : firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DAWN is an equal opportunity employer.
As an employer who values diversity in the workforce, DAWN Canada encourages candidates to self-identify as members of a marginalized group when applying for this position. We encourage, among others, Black, Indigenous and women of colour, with disabilities and Deaf, identifying as LGBTQIA2+ and/or immigrants to apply.